Friday 11 January 2013

Thriller sub-genre

Thrillers are commonly cross genre movies

Psychological Thriller
Orphan (2009)

Action Thriller
Skyfall (2012)


Romantic Thriller
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005)


Supernatural Thriller
The Orphanage (2007)



Political Thriller
Enemy of the State (1998)



The sub-genre that inspire me most out of all of the above that I have researched is the physiological thrillers (e.g. Orphan, The Sixth Sense, The Others, etc). This is because it creates a lot of suspense and tension, making the audience involved with the film. This type of thriller excites most audience and makes them think, which makes people want to continue watching the film to find out more. I like this sub-genre because it's different to the rest and it has a hint of secrecy or a twist which grabs the attention of the viewers. This has influenced me to choose this type of sub-genre for my group's film opening.


No comments:

Post a Comment